Wednesday 29 December 2010

Groo

It's hard getting back into the groove of things, especially with two short weeks in a row.

Christmas usually is difficult for me and this year it was especially so and I'm finding myself in a slump. I guess it'd be fair to say I have reasons for feeling so low, but it's still no fun.

It's kind of like Christmas and the days leading up to it are a giant balloon and while the balloon may not be easy to keep afloat or pretty or anything it still had its good points and now that it's deflated there's nothing to keep going, nothing to keep going for either.

I kind of want to hole up and not talk to anyone or leave the house or interact in any way so I did that on Monday with the exception of a long, chilly walk.

This is a weird week. The celebrations are over, but they're not because now it's time for New Year's, which, by the way, also isn't much of an upper for us singles.

But anyway, I needed to get back into the blogging mode/habit so here I am with a not very good/happy/interesting post, but a post nonetheless.

Is the good tv at least coming back on this week?

10 comments:

Kas said...

I feel the same way. I could just cry right now and I'm NOT single.

I just want to get back into my regular routine w/o all this holiday stuff.

Dugout Daisy said...

You always seem to post exactly what I feel... I haven't been blogging in months cos I have no desire to and I know something is wrong with me... I am in a MAJOR funk. And with no one special to share my holidays with I'm feeling so so so lonely. :(

Just Sayin... said...

sending you hugs!

If you want to get away, email me, you always have a spot in my guest room. Being in a funk you shouldn't be alone. Or at least have someone to bounce all your venting and screaming off of.

Everytime you want to curl up, do it, then go hike Douglas Mountain or something in return. Then home again to curl up. Repeat.

Here for ya xo

Duffy said...

I wouldn't count on the tv.

Victoria said...

Hang in there Kas *hugs*


Aww, Daisy, that's no fun. And, yes, it's hard at this time of year being single. But keep on keeping on, right? :)

Thanks JS. (And thanks muchly for the invite) I went for a run and feel much much better too.

A very odd week SStac. I suppose I should get me some food for this house eh? ;)


Bummer, Duffy! :(

TL said...

I think that new TV starts next week. This is a hard time of year, I think that lots of people are feeling the way that you are.

Victoria said...

Argh! I want my tv! (smashes things like the Hulk)

Jonathan said...

Reading the Hulk comment, was SO tempted to make a Sheldon-esque "puny human" quote, but can't think of anything funny enough.

Ah well.

I agree totally - once the big morning is out of the way, it's a huge downward slope that only ends once you steel yourself and put all the crap back away until next year.

Edlund said...

hey I love your blog :)

Victoria said...

It's a weird cycle isn't it Jonathan?

Le sigh.

Thanks Edlund