Wednesday 1 December 2010

Shrugging


You guys?

It's December.

And I'm not sure how that happened and/or why it had to happen all of a sudden when really I'm pretty sure it's still August, or possibly September?

And also? You guys? Why is it so dark? So early?

Because, yes, I do like the light in the mornings, but then I look outside at 4:30pm and holy darkness batman!

It's weird, is it not? This shortening of days? This going around and feeling like the day's done because it's dark out and the streetlights are on and the moon is out and its dark dark dark and you're supposed to keep going and keep awake but it's dark.

Why is it so dark so early?

Can I have my days back?

3 comments:

Dominic said...

I went jogging this morning. It was pitch-dark, but I could see where I was going because of all the snow. Which, for the most part, had no other footprints at all in it.

I don't think it's August any more.

TL said...

I know! I want to press the fast forward button to April!

Victoria said...

Well, OK Dominic, maybe it's September. . . ;) Enjoy your snow!

Yeah, April would do TL. I'd even take March! :)