Friday 21 January 2011

Again


I had another date this weekend.

I maybe should have told you Monday morning, but I think the other things I've talked about this week are relevant to the fact that I've had two dates in as many weeks.

Because you know it's been since Summer since I've had a date (if you don't count Cary, which I don't.) And you know it's been longer since I've been in a relationship.

So two dates in two weeks? It's a big deal for me.

It means that I've pushed myself through my fears. Had them and did it anyway.

And I'm not just talking about the big fears, I'm talking about the littler ones, the going on a date ones, the meeting someone for the first time ones, the what if it's awful, how do I politely escape ones, the what if there's that awkward, dead silence fears. I've had them and done it anyway.

Do you remember how I said I'd messaged three guys?

Well, now I've met two of them. And I'm proud of myself.

If nothing else, there's that.

5 comments:

Single and Picky said...

Per your comment on your last blog - I posted a response. And I'm sorry to hear you didn't get any snow, I am happy to send it your way - I don't want it

Anonymous said...

I knew there was someone out there like me. I didn't do what I should have and blogged about my dating experiences but boy do I have some stories to tell. Let me know if you ever want to swap dating blurbs!

Sincerely,
Hannavas

Check out my blog too if you want
http://savannahspelledbackwards.blogspot.com/

SMITHY GALLERY said...

Well done Victoria. I'm just about to take the bull by the horns myself, as it were!
I've had enough of being scared of the dating game too! We can at least be proud of ourselves, and we might even have a lot of fun . . .

TL said...

Pretty exciting stuff. I hope that your date went well. (Hopefully there wasn't any falling this time!)

Victoria said...

Yep, send it all my way SnP!

We all get good stories from our dating experiences for sure Hannavas :)

Thanks Natalie. And yes, let's be proud of ourselves!

Thanks TL. And no, no falling this time, yay! ;)