Monday 24 January 2011

Heh, The Word "Update" Has The Word "Date" In It And I Only Just Realized That As I Finished This Post. Heh.


I know you asked me to keep you updated on what happened with the first guy I went on a date with, so here's your update.

At the end of our very nice, great conversation, lots to talk about date, we gave each other a hug and said it was fun we'd have to do it again sometime. He'd told me to send him an email and then as he was leaving he turned around and said, "Oh, here, I almost forgot, here's my card, email me about that [link we'd talked about] and I'll send it to you."

When I got home I messaged him through the dating site to say hey it was nice to meet you thanks for hanging out because I think that's the polite thing to do.

I didn't hear back from him and so a few days later I emailed him at his work (the email he'd given me on his card) to say hi and ask for the link.

I didn't hear back from him.

I'm not going to over-think it too much, but it's a little odd to me that I haven't heard from him.

Before we met, he'd respond to my messages the same day I sent them to unless his email has blown up my guess is that he's not wanting to correspond to me anymore.

Which is fine, but then why did he end the date by giving me his contact information?

I know he's separated and that he made it clear in his profile that he's just looking to date, nothing serious, so maybe he felt my contacting him was a sign that I LOOOOOOOOOOVED him and he panicked. But I'm also aware that you never know what the other person's life might be like or what they might be going through, so I don't know.

I just think it's polite for people to respond to communication and if they're not interested to let you know. *shrug*

I'm not mad or upset even, I'm just curious.

I'm still really really proud of myself for meeting him and I'm pleased with how the date went and all in all it's been a good experience for me even if I never hear from him again.

So consider yourselves updated.

6 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

Proud of you! Woot.
I love that you're getting out there especially when you do not feel like it.

:)

SMITHY GALLERY said...

You're inspiring me Victoria, I'm just about to start dating again and . . . we just have to take the chance. And yes, you never know what's going on with another person, so onwards and upwards and keep going :)

Duffy said...

Did you know the word bed is shaped like a bed?! ^^!

Heh, but yeah, don't worry about it. I'm sure he realises you don't LOOOOOOVE him just yet ;p he's just too lazy/thoughtless to respond.

As natalie said, keep it up!

Dominic said...

Maybe he read your blog and is all hurt that you dated somebody else? :)

Kas said...

If he's worth it, it will be.

Congrats on the courage! I'm proud!

Victoria said...

Thanks JS! :)

Aww, I'm glad to hear that Natalie. Good luck with it!

Duffy! That's so cute! I love it! Bed! :D

Ha! I bet that's it Dominic ;)

Thanks Kas :)