Wednesday 26 January 2011

Huh


Not long after I ran into Runner Guy again I was wandering around on the online dating site and, lo and behold, there he was.

I thought it was (what's the right word here?) weird? neat? cool? interesting? fateful? that I had just seen him again and then he suddenly showed up on the dating site. Being one to read signs, I thought maybe this was one.

Of course, the rest of my brain was just going "huh." And part of it was going "Huh?" So there was some mild confusion and checking over my shoulder to see if someone was playing a trick on me or something.

So I mustered up some courage and told my inner voices to be quiet for once and I sent him a message.

We've talked a bit and one of his first questions when I told him who I was and that we'd dated a few times was why we had stopped hanging out.

I didn't really know what to say. "I didn't like your baldness" didn't seem right. Neither did "I didn't know I wasn't over my ex."

So I just said that I didn't know for sure but that for whatever reason we just sort of lost contact and stopped hanging out. Which is true. I didn't have a real reason at the time and I don't know what his reasons may have been.

I think we might hang out again, I don't know, but it was interesting seeing and running into him again.

I wish when life threw you little things like that they came with a tag attached that told you why and what you were supposed to do with it or get out of it or learn or whatever from it.

So, in summary, *shrug*

6 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

Maybe you'll just get a new running partner/friend out of it. Doesn't have to be romantic.

Good luck!

Kas said...

Woot!

practice makes perfect!!

Kas

Dominic said...

Tags would be helpful.

Failing that, maybe an instruction book?

Victoria said...

Maybe JS :)

Indeed it does Kas!

Instruction booklet Dominic. That'd be handy ;)

TL said...

That sounds interesting! It is great that you contacted him again. Timing is everything, eh?

Victoria said...

So true TL :)