Saturday 29 January 2011

Return


Y'all?

C-Dawg's coming home.

Not just for a visit this time, but for keeps.

I feel extraordinarily lucky. Not just that our friendship stayed as close as it did while she was away, but that things have happened in such a way that she's coming back home again.

I hoped and hoped at the time that her move wouldn't be forever, but I'm not sure I really believed I'd get my wish and that she'd be moving back.

Even just having her back in the same time zone will make a world of difference. Being able to talk every day rather than on the days our schedules matched was something I really missed and was having a hard time with.

(It also, apropos of nothing, is what made the relationship with Smith even harder and made for some very very late nights for him although he never complained about it.)

Her move back entails some sadness for her that also breaks my heart a little, but how much easier is it to hug someone who lives a fifteen minute drive away rather than a ten hour flight away? Much.

I'm not sure what I've done to deserve this treat but the Universe and whatever else might be responsible for this must know how grateful and thankful and happy I am.

They say you don't know what you've got til it's gone. But what if you knew what you had before it was gone and then you missed it even more because it was gone and then you got it back so it wasn't gone anymore and that just made it awesomer.

They should make THAT a saying.

*insert grin here*

5 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

yay I'm happy for you!

SMITHY GALLERY said...

Snap Victoria! My very best friend moved to the other end of the country over five years ago - I was devastated! Although you know how much you can stay in touch and miss each other, but it's not the same as being in the same place.

She's just told me she is coming home - to live just fifteen minutes from me!! I am over the moon.

And so happy for you too :) Friendship like that is priceless.

Victoria said...

Thanks JS! Yay!

Oh Natalie, that's awesome! I'm so happy for you two too! Double YAY!

Kas said...

WOOT WOOT!!

Good for You!!!

Everybody needs to have a close friend CLOSE!!

~Kas

Victoria said...

Totally Kas! :D