Monday 3 January 2011

Switch Over


So, how was your New Year's?

Me? Well, I celebrated New Year's in four different time zones, starting with Scotland and working my way around to here.

Oh, and C-Dawg and I ran a 5K and then we walked a 10K the next day so my New Year's was kind of awesome thank you very much, ta da!

At the start of last year, I would never have imagined I'd be here and that fact alone makes me really excited about where I could be at the end of this year. It feels rather limitless and I'm grateful for that.

I have no idea what wonderful things this year may have in store for me or what I might just surprise myself with.

Last year was rough for me in a lot of ways and I'm glad to be done with the year but I'm even happier to be starting this new year already fitter than I was four months ago and with something that helps me clear my mind and feel proud of myself. Learning to run has shown me that I can do so much more than I'd ever imagined of myself.

This year has shown me that I have a stubbornness or a determination or focus or something I didn't know I had and makes me realize I can probably do so much more than I think I can. No, it actually makes me *know* I can do so much more than I think I can, I just have to want it enough and set my mind to it.

So here's to the next year and wherever it might take me. And here's to being in a better place than a year ago. May that trend continue.

Happy New Year.

4 comments:

Single and Picky said...

I celebrated with some friends, new and old - and then did an early-ish 7 mile run around the seawall and area - so amazingly beautiful, especially if you ignore all the tourists we had to dodge. Did a big clean yesterday - all is good.

I completely agree with you about coming to the realization that I can do more than I think I can.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and all you hold near and dear

Just Sayin... said...

awesome!

TL said...

Yay! 2010 is over! Happy New Year!

Victoria said...

That sounds AWESOME SnP! Good for you and Happy New Year!

Thanks JS :D

Yay TL! Happy New Year! Double Yay!