Monday 28 February 2011

Something In The Water Maybe?

I came down with something this weekend.

Something I can only call "The Grumpies" but that's not really what it was. It was more like the "I woke up on Saturday morning knowing that the weekend wasn't going to be long enough to make it ok that I had to work again on Mondays." Ever get those?

I was disappointed that the promised snow didn't arrive, but I was happy to sit all Saturday watching little baby snows drift down. No accumulation, but it's still pretty.

Sunday brought rain and watching the snow start to melt away. That always bums me out. It's like the day after Christmas when there are no more presents under the tree; the grass starts to show again and everything goes back to normal and it all just seems dull.

It was weird to feel so blah this weekend because I actually had two fun nights and I had good sleeps and I should have been feeling happy, but I just had the grumps.

The hardest thing was not wanting to move from my couch. I really had to force myself out to exercise. The idea of putting on clothes that weren't my pjs or sweats seemed like a massive waste of energy.

I took myself to the gym on Sunday, so I'm happy about that, but still? The grumpies.

I don't really know where they came from or why they picked on me. They weren't even that bad, just really a whole lot of meh.

So here's hoping that the grumpies are gone and that this week's a mellower one than last.

How was your weekend? I hope you didn't have The Grumpies too.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh lord, I had the grumpies too. It seems to be happening alot recently. I also tried to do some exercise so cycled up the hill, then walked miserably home. No realy reason, like yourself, just a bit meh. You are not alone!!

Just Sayin... said...

I had the Grumpies Saturday.
I had gotten about 10 hours of sleep, none of which was restful. It was full of weird dreams, talking outloud and just feeling ugh. Booo hisss. I'm staying in my jammies all day. (and I did except to venture out once or twice to run a couple errands)

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Kas said...

I'm sorry! My weekend was actually pretty good! Got good sleep, no major malfunctions with kids,

Single and Picky said...

I agree with JS I've come down with the grumpies.

Victoria said...

Oh no Anonymous, I hope it's not contagious! :)

I'm feeling better today already JS, hope you are too!

I guess you got all the good weekend vibes Kas ;)

Hope your case is gone soon SnP :(

Jonathan said...

My weekend was spent wishing I could stay in the warm to get better from having a cold. Instead I was out both days with the kids on damn fool adventures shopping, or running errands.

Fun, fun, fun (not).

At least I can sympathise.

Kas said...

Don't worry V-- I'm sure a bad weekend is in the works for me... In fact, it will probably be March 12.

LOL!

Victoria said...

Sorry to hear the grumpies reached you too Jonathan! ;)

Uh oh, I hope not Kas!