Tuesday 8 March 2011

Answered


You may or may not remember, but a few weeks ago I talked about a nice guy at my run clinic.

I had wondered if he was single and if he was interested or if he was just a good guy to talk to while running.

And I wasn't sure how to go about finding out an answer to either of these questions.

I hadn't seen him in a couple of weeks and last week we ran in different groups but chatted a bit afterwards while we were stretching and gathering our things to head home.

He's still a nice guy and really fun to talk to.

Turns out he's also a decent guy because he managed to throw "my girlfriend" into our conversation. I've said it before and I'll say it again, good guys mention their girlfriends or wives early on. They let the women they're talking to know that they're not available and I appreciate it when they're man enough to do so. Anything else is always questionable.

So my questions are answered.

And that's fine too.

Better knowing and slightly disappointed than wondering and getting false hopes up.

Not single, not interested, just a good, friendly person to talk to.

The end.

4 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

Agreed. I like it when men make it known early on.
No harm no foul. :)

SMITHY GALLERY said...

Yes, a decent man! Nothing worse than investing perfectly good hopes in the wrong direction (we've all been down that road)! And sometimes it's just good that two new people get along so well :)

SusieQ6283 said...

Good friends could just possibly have other "good single friends!!!"

Victoria said...

Totally JS!

That's true too Natalie :)

Fair enough SusieQ ;)