Thursday 31 March 2011

New


So C-Dawg has started seeing someone. Has a new boyfriend.

And I'm really happy for her and it's so sweet to watch her going through being so excited and nervous and dreamy about this new relationship.

Sure, it makes me miss having that in my life, but I'm not jealous, just a little melancholy if I let myself go there.

The thing that's taking some adjustment for me is the whole process of having a friend start out in a new relationship.

I don't think I've ever done that as an adult.

Most of my good girlfriends either were already in their current relationship when I met them or we weren't close at the time they started their current relationship and only grew close once they were already together.

So this is a new experience for me and being one who's not awfully fond of change, I'm having some bumpy moments.

What's good about it is that with C-Dawg I can just be honest and she can tell me that I'm being a goof, or that I have nothing to worry about.

But it's sure an interesting thing to be going through. And it makes me realize how I must seem to my friends when I start out *my* new relationships. Kind of crazy, kind of cute.

But I guess I'm back to being the only single one again.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You've got us all, and I know it's not the same as having someone to snuggle on the couch with...

Unknown said...

I'm the only single one too :)

Sometimes it's nice

Victoria said...

Thanks Jenn :)

Yeah HDS, sometimes it is nice :)

Jonathan Beckett said...

I remember those times - the self doubt, the "I'm fine", and the being at a loose end...

In my case being at a loose end caused me to meet people I otherwise wouldn't have :)

Victoria said...

Fair enough :)