Monday 7 March 2011

To Make Me Better

Seems that my road has gone back to being bumpy again. Maybe that's the way this particular road I'm traveling on at the moment goes. Bumpy, smooth, bumpy, smooth. In need of repair. At least the smooth sections give me enough time to sort myself out before another bumpy section comes along.

It's been a cry at little things sort of end to the week and that spread into this weekend. Not that I had the same grumpies as last weekend or that my weekend was bad, exactly, just a lot of sad floating around the edges of everything.

But anyway.

C-Dawg and I went to a Sarah McLachlan concert last week and I spent a fair amount of time this weekend watching videos of the tour online. There were a few songs that got repeated plays and this one in particular I've listened to over and over the last two days.

I am amazed time and time again at how music has this magical ability to just be there when you need it. To just be. To speak for you and give words to your soul.

Music moves me. I hope this moves you too.


A Bitter Song - Butterfly Boucher

And, live:

A Bitter Song - Butterfly Boucher 1/2/11

3 comments:

Kas said...

::hugs::

:D

randomstranger said...

Hang in there! :) I hope you feel better soon.
PS. I love your taste in music. Winter Song, Waiting for my Real Life to Begin, Hoppipolla etc - all wonderful songs I listened to thanks to you!
PPS. You've probably already seen this, but isn't this video the cutest? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ

Victoria said...

Thanks Kas.

Thanks RandomStranger :)
PS I'm glad!
PPS That's SO cute!!!! (I'm totally doing that when I'm older)