Tuesday 12 April 2011

Ok


Making lists calms me down, so I'm going to try to make a list here.

What's on my Mind: A List (in no particular order) - by Victoria

1. What to get my Mom for her birthday
2. How I'm ever going to get a date
3. Well, not really a date, but how I'm going to meet my next boyfriend
4. My weight, or more to the point, my junk food intake, and, more to the point, when and how I eat it
5. How I'm handling C-Dawg and her new boyfriend and their relationship and how it's making me feel
6. Some tests my Dad is having this week and what their results might be and where we'll go from there once we know
7. My super relaxing pedicure this weekend and how I'd like to have one of those massaging chairs in my living room
8. Work stuff
9. Friends and acquaintances who are going through difficult health things
10. How I miss the last book in a series I just finished reading and wish I hadn't rushed through to finish it even though I really wanted to find out how it ended
11. What groceries I should buy for the week
12. What I could do instead of eating when I'm upset (see No. 4)
13. When I can run this week, and hopefully, when C-Dawg and I can run together this week
14. If I can find cute shoes that are comfortable
15. That I should get my car washed before the dirt gets, like, permanently etched in there
16. If there's any way I could get paid to not work
17. Why my body still hasn't fully recovered from the car accident and why stress is making it feel worse
18. Why stress is making me forget things
19. Why I'm so tired even though I'm sleeping fairly well
20. Why I had a non-PC dream about a guy I'm really not attracted to but who is a sweet (married) friend
21. Fen
22. How to ask for help and support when I don't feel I deserve it in some weird way
23. Why I feel so guilty about so many things
24. Why some people get paid a lot lot lot an hour
25. How I still don't understand how people write fiction novels. I mean, they say write what you know, but how can anyone know about vampires or space travel or stuff that is imaginary?
26. If I should have done something different out of high school
27. How I'm going to have to stop this list at some point or it will go on forever
28. Why I forgot to put a new roll of toilet paper on when I'm the only one that lives here (see No. 18)
29. That I should maybe just go to 30 so that this list feels even
30. If the 10K is going to be painful

And other stuff

5 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

28. Why I forgot to put a new roll of toilet paper on when I'm the only one that lives here

Then I end up talking to myself about how I could forget as I live alone etc and it just rolls down hill from there. lol

Single and Picky said...

19. Anaemic?
30. The 10km might be painful but it will be worth it - trust me

As for the stress, the stress eating and all the anxiety you are feeling, free advice from my therapist - SELF CARE ROUTINE. That means you make a schedule for yourself for the next little while, even if it's as simple as:

5pm Leave work
1. Walk around the block, find one thing that is beautiful
2.Drive home.
3 Unpack the day and prep for tomorrow. That way there is not being awake in the middle of the night thinking you're going to forget to do something
4 Go for a walk/run/yoga class
5 Make dinner - something simple but nourishing. Protein, Carb, Veg
6. Have a bath/shower - whatever it takes for you to relax, turn off anything bright, your phone etc and then journal. Unload your brain.

You can change it but I have found that at my worst that simplifying and lists help. Lists give you permission to say no to activities and yes to a massage or acupuncture or hugs. We are all here for you dear.

Chantal_Wannabe said...

My advice: no junk food allowed in the house. Stop buying it, then you won't be able to snack on it. No cookies, ice cream, nutella, whatever it is... Buy fresh fruits, lots of them. You'll have to eat them before they go bad :)

Healthy eating habits will have a positive effect on your mood / energy level.

Kas said...

Yep- junk food CAN make you feel bad-- not only cuz it's junk but the guilt that goes along with it.

GET RID OF IT!

:D

Victoria said...

I can't remember the last time I did that JS, but seriously I was like, dude, really? Sigh.

Weirdly no, SnP. Probably just emotionally drained. I'm looking forward to the 10K for sure, just need to remind myself to have fun and not stress over it. I like your self care routine, thanks :)
Hugs back at cha.

True enough Chantal!

I know Kas ;)