Wednesday 25 May 2011

And You Are Not Alone In This


I don't remember when I first heard Little Lion Man by Mumford & Sons but I remember the moment of first hearing it distinctly. So distinctly that I wrote about it here.

At the time, people were raving about the whole album and I just kind of shrugged. I liked Little Lion Man so I gave The Cave a listen and it didn't do much for me.

Fast forward to now.

I can't remember how or why but another Mumford and Sons song fell across my lap and I loved it. Loved it madly and decided to listen to a few songs from the album again.

And I fell completely in love with the entire album and bought it.

Whatever it is about these songs and this album and what's going on in my life and heart and soul right now I couldn't tell you but they just fit perfectly.

They're pretty much all I'm listening to right now and it's helping. It's helping me get through and feel and cope and be ok.

I feel like writing out lyric after lyric and going "There. That right there? That's exactly what I mean and how I feel."

Because it is. Somehow.

I'm not insisting you all go out and buy Sigh No More, but maybe, just maybe it'll hit you the right way one day when you need it the most. And then you'll know what I mean.

I know I may be the last one on the bandwagon, but sometimes music doesn't mean anything to you until the moment it does.

And then it does.

7 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

I love when music fits the soul like that.

xo

Allan R E said...

That album has been on my ipod since last summer and it still gets regular play! A great road album and for singing out loud and proud! It is right up there with Van Morrison and Neil Young.

Ièm glad it found you again at the right time. Music is like that more often than not, I think.

Peace,
Allan

p.s. Just finished my P-3HREE-6IS-5IVE last Saturday! Thank goodness there was no Rapture, it would have ruined almost a year of work!!

www.westcoastislander.weebly.com

Victoria said...

Totally JS.

I'm glad too Allan, and congrats! :)

Maplemusketeer said...

I agree with Allan. LOL

And now want to listen to M&Sons, Neil Young, and Van Morrison.

Good thing I'm coming to the isle this weekend for some sweet photoadventure goodness!

Visiting my Pops, hanging out with friends, and then Karsten and I are looking at basically filling sunday/monday with as much amazing outdoor photoadventuring as we can. :D

Oh heck yes.

Also more Mumford and Sons. They sing to me while I photo edit these days. Them and Tan Dun:Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon soundtrack, and Led Zepplin.

Keep on being awesome sassypants V :D *hugs*

Victoria said...

Have some awesome photoadventuring then Maple! And there are a ton of things on in town this weekend too if you're looking for fun things to do!

Maplemusketeer said...

actually I wouldn't mind a crib notes of any highlights I might be interested in. Can you send them to me on the flickrmail? I like fun! :D Though Saturday night hockey game might be a "watch with Dad" moment ;) but it's good to know what options are out there!

Victoria said...

Fun crib notes? Sure! :)