Monday 30 May 2011

Argh / Sigh


I sat on my couch last night and watched the first episode of The Bachelorette.

For those of you not familiar with this show (or its counterpoint The Bachelor) twenty five hot, eligible twenty to thirty something year old men are chosen to "date" the bachelorette and the idea is that over time she will whittle the suitors down to just two and then to the one she chooses and who will most likely propose to her.

I know, sounds crazy right?

Well, that's beside the point.

The point is is that I so want to be the Bachelorette.

This lucky gal gets twenty five, that's 25 hot men to choose from. They all show up on the doorstep of the mansion she gets to pretend is hers and they're all delicious looking and wearing suits and smiles and oh, did I mention they're all incredibly good looking?

Then (because I've watched the show before and know how it works) they get to go on these super cool, fun, exciting dates and travel around the world and the guys (usually) vie for her attention and she gets to keep the ones she really likes and send the others home.

I mean, come on. *I* should be the one with twenty five hot guys lining up outside my door, suits and polished shoes, waiting to meet me and looking to fall in love.

I'm just saying, I think it's hardly fair that she gets a team of producers picking great (did I mention hot?) guys for her and I can't seem to find even one to date.

Unfair.

Gimmie.

Want.






*Disclaimer* I know it's all very contrived and unrealistic and the couples usually don't last that long but still. I'm just saying I want the chance to make out with a bunch of hot guys who all want to fall in love.

10 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

DO IT!
Julian was from Vancouver so why can't you be on it too?
Just think of all the blogging material you'll have!!!! lol

I can't wait for tonight, the guy in the mask has to go! I understand wearing the mask in front of her, but 24/7... weird.

Dominic said...

I had the misfortune to catch some TV when I was in LA a while ago.. I'm fairly sure I remember some Bachelorette being in there..

My abiding memory of all the men was that they looked incredibly plastic and fake. But to be fair, so did the bachelorette.

Has it improved any?

Jonathan Beckett said...

For some reason this just reminded me of the other end of the scale - a friend of mine once went round the girls in a pub garden asking if they would kiss him (he had been drinking).

We laughed, and jeered at his polite approaches - right up until one of the girls agreed.

Victoria said...

It would make this blog so easy to write JS, so many stories! Heh.

No Dominic, unfortunately not :)

Hey, right guy right mood, if asked in the right way I might have obliged your friend too! ;)

Eric said...

I came across this article today and immediately thought of sharing it here. Now, of course, I'm one of the mainlander men this article seems to talk specifically about, but it's an interesting read nonetheless!

http://thetyee.ca/Life/2011/05/18/MenProblems/

Victoria said...

Cool article Eric, thanks! Some interesting thoughts :)

Devon said...

Not sure about you, but this bachelorette lady isn't doing it for me. She's made me quit my weekly bachelor/bachelorette TV and popcorn routine. Well, maybe not MADE me. I am prone to over-reacting.

But if I'm being honest, she is not my favorite person to watch for one or two (bonus week!) hours. I am now officially free on Monday evenings. Rats.

Victoria said...

It's really interesting, I haven't met anyone so far who.. well, likes her. We all really find her (I feel so rude saying it) but not fun to watch. My best friend won't watch the show because of her. I'm just kind of hanging on because there's really nothing much else on and the guys are cute! ;)

Devon said...

Hey, nothing wrong with that!!

Victoria said...

;)