Monday 9 May 2011

Unsure

I've heard people talk about writers block as them staring at the flashing cursor line on the blank computer screen.

For me, it's more about not having a story that wants to or needs to be told waiting inside my head.

I don't even bother opening up a writing screen if I don't have something to write so sometimes I'll have the computer open and it's every little other thing I can think of instead of writing.

Really bad tv shows to catch up on? Sure! There's a lot of that goes on once the not-so-bad or actually quite good tv shows have been caught up on.

I've spent most of this weekend in a place of not quite knowing what to do, somehow uncomfortable with the subtle shifts that are happening.

There is a good ninety percent of me that wants to shut down and retreat and feels like it is right and justified when it whispers silkily in my ear that it's never good to get close to people, not anyone, not really.

So one more day, one more one foot in front of the other carrying on and back to work where I'll wait the five days it takes for the next weekend to come and the next small pause I get.

On repeat this weekend:


Adele - Make You Feel My Love live acoustic 

Just waiting for the man who's going to come along and love me like that.

7 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

"it's more about not having a story that wants to or needs to be told waiting inside my head."

...well said.
I'll watch the video when I get home. :)

Nice post.

Kas said...

This might be residual 'camel and duck' stuff...

BUT, it's also true that sometimes, there just isn't anything to say. Been there, done that.

:)

Chantal_Wannabe said...

Don't wait for a man! Get out the door and live your life, get close to people, get hurt, bounce back, figure out what makes you happy!

You only have one life to live :D

Victoria said...

Thanks JS. And, I hope you love the song when you get to hear it! ;)

I'm sure it is residual stuff Kas, but yeah, still. . .

True Chantal, but sometimes all the getting hurt and bouncing back doesn't feel worth it, ya know?

Just Sayin... said...

Yup Love it.. I have her albums now. :)

JonTheNiceGuy said...

Don't know if you've come across Hattie Snooks before, but I love her track "Modern Day Hero", and I think it might be right up your street.

http://www.myspace.com/hattiesnooksmusic/music

Of course, I'm happy to be proved wrong :)

Victoria said...

Cool, I'll check her out, thanks :)