Wednesday 8 June 2011

The Light

Alert by foundimagination
What's your favourite thing about Spring?

Or, I suppose, Autumn for anyone who might be reading from Down Under.

I had a hard time picking between the light and the plants coming to life and the birds and things warming, but I think for me? It's the light.

It's here so much longer and the quality of it at certain points of the day is just delicious.

And there are dappled shadows on the sidewalks and, well, I just love it.

What do you love?

6 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

Spring & Autumn.

Both have the perfect tempatures to stay cozy or wear summery styles.

Both have just the right amount of daylight and the best smells.

Both have the best sunrises and sunsets.

I feel most blissful and at peace with the world in those seasons.

Kas said...

I'd have to agree with JS--- not too cold and not too hot... JUST PERFECT!

As I comment along....

FigJam said...

Comfortable temperatures....awesome sunny days mixed in nicely with cozy rainy/drizzly days.

And yes, lots more daylight.

Victoria said...

You're right about the sunsets JS!!!!

You like the sort of medium temperatures too eh Kas?

Triple yay for daylight FigJam!!!

Devon said...

Spectacular, earth-shattering, thunderstorms. They always manage to lovingly remind us that there's so much more world out there.

Victoria said...

Awww man. I miss thunderstorms. We don't really get them here, and I had them growing up. Well, baby ones anyway. I once visited my brother in Texas and thought I was going to die. Everyone was all, what, that's just a regular thunderstorm. YIKES! ;)