Saturday 11 June 2011

Non

What? I'm not allowed to leave you with a cliff-hanger every now and then?

Well, actually, it's not all that interesting of a cliff-hanger, but still.

So I've been chatting with a few guys online of late and one of them seemed quite interested in meeting.

I told him the activities I'd be up to on the weekend and said that he'd be more than welcome to come along. He said he'd be happy to and I let him know where I'd be and when on Saturday morning.

I texted him in the morning to say hi and let him know I was still going and he said that was great and he'd text me when he was leaving home.

Which I thought was a little unusual as our meeting time wasn't too far off.

Then I didn't hear from him at our meeting time and for the next hour I still hadn't heard from him and then things got noisy so by the time I checked my phone again, I was already on my way to the next location.

I let him know that we'd have to meet either later or the next day to which he responded with

"Hm....well....maybe."

And my first thought was "well, that's not very mature" and my second thought was "OMG that's so totally how I'd react too!!!!"

So I apologized for any confusion and we've texted back and forth a couple of times since but I don't know if it'll go anywhere or if we'll actually meet.

I think, really, it was just us both being unclear on our plans and the details of when and where (usually I'm really specific: I'll be at this place at this time wearing this so you can identify me, and this time I didn't do that) and then both of us expecting something from the other, or assuming maybe...

I assumed he'd be there when I said I'd be there and I'm guessing he thought I'd be there all day, not just for a couple of hours.

So, at least I kind of had the plan for a date even if it didn't actually happen, right?

Right.

4 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

Move on.

He didn't have the courtesy to call you and say he'd be late or have to reschedule. He left it to you to track him down.

I've been on enough first "almost" dates to know there won't be a second one.

But at least you put yourself out there. :)

Victoria said...

Yeah, at least I did.

And, no, I'm not expecting to hear from him again ;)

Jonathan Beckett said...

I always have a hard time reading accounts like this, because it's so far from the way I would behave.

When I met Wend, it was for coffee at an exact place, and an exact time. She was facing the door as I walked in, within a minute of when I said I would :)

Victoria said...

Me too.

I'm going to go with the theory that because we didn't firm up an exact meeting time "ie. I'll see you at 10:30 then?" it didn't work out.

Oh well ;)