Friday 10 June 2011

Teaser

King by foundimagination
My Dad's surgeon called and they're postponing his surgery by a week with the warning that it may, yet again, be postponed.

We were all pretty floored by this, even though they'd warned us it might happen.

I hadn't realized just how much I'd mentally prepared myself and to have the ground shift under our feet like that was very disorienting. I was pretty upset and shocked. And angry I guess, if I think about it.

I wanted to call them up and demand to know what on earth could be more important than my Dad. Didn't they know he was my Dad? And therefore their most important person to help and take care of?

A day or two later though my mind settled and I'm ok with the delay but hoping it doesn't happen again.

Nevermind the emotional toll, there's been a lot of planning and arranging and cancelling of things that had to take place and then re-take place with the postponement. I'm most worried about spy work and the possibility of having to re-schedule the now re-scheduled coverage I got for things.

But I'm supposed to just breathe and let things happen.

So, in other completely un-related news, I didn't have a date this weekend.

But I almost did.

2 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

The pullout is always ready on short notice.

Chin up. xo

whats this about an almost date? DETAILS!

Victoria said...

Thanks :)

And? ;)