Tuesday 16 August 2011

This May Be The Most Obvious Statement Of The Year

I See What You See by foundimagination
But I don't understand people who are not me.

I mean, I do, to a certain extent. I can see others' perspectives and understand their point of view. I am able to think outside of myself and try to see both sides of the story.

But I don't understand why they don't then do what would make the most sense to do. . . which is whatever I think would make the most sense to do (of course.)

So I don't, obviously, understand why this guy can't say... something! Sure, I'm someone who needs space sometimes, but by "space", I'm talking a day or two. I mean, how long do other people take to think things over?

And as I've said before, my guess is that he's thought things over and that he probably just doesn't want to deal with having to deliver bad news.

But, again, I don't understand people who are not me, because if I was having to deliver bad news, (like the time that very nice guy I wasn't attracted to asked me if I'd ever want to be more than friends,) I'd want it off my chest sooner rather than later.

And if he has some noble idea of waiting to talk to me until he can deliver said bad news face to face, I'm not sure I understand that either.

I mean, it's not as if we've done more than go on a couple of dates. If we'd been together for six months and he wanted to move on, I'd want to have that conversation done face to face, but to be dumped by a guy who took longer to tell me than the amount of actual time we'd been together? Not sure I understand that.

But as I say. I don't understand people who are not me.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't blame you for your frustration. I hate it when people, men, whoever, just . . . fade. Especially when there is no reason for it.

I will admit to just walking away from situations that required way more effort or work than what I thought they were worth, because sometimes, it's just exhausting and you feel like there is nothing you can do nor was the guy worth the effort to fight or whatever.

I'm thinking that your situation is probably similar to my second paragraph. Not that you're not worth it, but as someone pointed you yesterday, in the early stages of a relationship, drama is not good.

Sorry you feel this way! You remind me of my BFF, always hoping for the best and getting hurt. : (

Singlicious said...

I agree with 36andsingle. It might be that. He may also just be getting some distance, focusing on other things. He may not be sure yet how he feels. He may even be seeing if you'll break down and get clingy again. (I think that's unlikely here, but I just went through that.)

I hope you can put it aside, mentally write him off (for the time being, if nothing else) and jump back into the online dating pool.

Singlicious
The S Word
http://my-s-word.blogspot.com/

Victoria said...

I used to find that the most frustrating part of online dating 36, the fading. But I'm kind of used to it now I guess.

Yeah, I imagine he's taking a breather Singlicious and...thinking. But, yes, I'm trying to put it aside ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm in the exact same position as you except I'm a guy. And I'm waiting for this girl. It's weird. What I did was write an email saying to her "the ball is in your court, call me when you feel like it."

Because I can't take games and playing hard to get. But because you're a girl...I don't think you should even write that email...he will/should call. And if not...fuck em'. I'm 30 and still single and available:)

But yes waiting sucks. What does he do again for a living?

Victoria said...

That must be frustrating, but yeah, I think she should respond to your email to either let you know she's busy but wants to hang, or that she's not interested.

I've never been one for games and I wish I could say that about everyone, but... yeah.

Good luck to you though! And, yes, waiting sucks.

Oh and, for a living? He does stuff... and things ;)

Anonymous said...

I guess what I'm asking is how many hours does he work a week. If he works 60 hrs as a manager vs. 20 hours as a record-store worker...might influence how long it takes for him to get back to you.

Just a thought.

But seriously when are we going out;)

Victoria said...

Ahhh, gotcha. He works regular human hours... what's that, 40? ;)

When are we going out? How do you know I'm not the girl who you're waiting to get an email back from? Wait... now I'm confused!

Anonymous said...

Well if you are the girl I'm waiting on...would you give me a call and ask me out already?

:)+=

Victoria said...

I'll cross my fingers that she does Anonymous ;)