Thursday 18 August 2011

With Love

Just Before He Flew Away by foundimagination
This situation and this waiting time has shown me, yet again, how wonderful my girlfriends are.

I have three girlfriends that I turn to every time something comes up in my romantic life (and, in my other life too, to be honest) and I know I can trust them to be supportive, but also neutral.

What I mean by that is that they're not afraid to point out to me if I'm being silly or if I've missed something or if I have my blinders on. And so when I turned to them to say here's what's gone on and what's going on with this guy I wasn't sure what they'd say but I wanted to hear it.

If they'd told me that I was being unreasonable and weird, I would have listened. If they'd told me that he was being unreasonable and weird, I would have listened. I know and trust that while they have my best interests at heart, they won't just tell me what I want to hear, and I value that so much.

It's been a surprise to me to hear all three of them tell me the same things with regards to the situation, and the advice they've given me has been simple, straightforward, and honest. They too, like me, are cautiously hopeful that things will work out because "it sounds like it has potential." Which I think it does.

I am so grateful to have these smart, sensible, intelligent, awesome women to turn to when my head and my heart get a little bit muddled. And it's been wonderful to hear them all say what I've been thinking, even if I haven't been able to find the words myself.

Thanks ladies. You're awesome and I love you.





(And you guys too, as always, have been awesome and supportive and smart and sensible. You rock!)

No comments: