Monday 12 September 2011

Big Loud Swear Word

I am pretty close to rantingly angry right now. I'm guessing that by the time this is posted, I won't be, but as of right now? This writing? I be mad.

I've known for a while now that my ex DD is on the dating site I frequent.

Now, at a certain point, the panic of seeing him on the site was nearly enough for me to delete my entire profile and not return, but then I got over it and never came across him again.

Until right now. When I get a message saying that "this guy would like to meet you" and I click on the link and it's him.

And I know I purposely chose a photo where you wouldn't necessarily know it's me at first glance, but seriously, you don't recognize me?

But that's not the part that has me fumingly mad.

(I mean, obviously my anger comes from whatever unfinished issues my brain/heart/who knows what has with him and our breakup but... anyway)

I looked over his profile and there are a couple of things that have me mad and wanting to be really really really mean.

"I'm an excellent lover"

Ok. I'm not saying he was bad, let's be fair, but buddy never seemed to care and/or notice that I wasn't having as good of a time as I could. So to say you're an excellent lover? Unless things have changed significantly over the past few years? Isn't true.

Plus it's seriously arrogant and I'm kind of pissed that I went out with a guy who'd openly make this statement (even as a joke) online.

"I do not use drugs."

Yes you effing do.

Again, unless things have changed in the past few years and you have become a very different person, you are not only not a "social" drinker, but you are very much a drug user.

Because marijuana counts as a drug.

And you used it regularly.

Without my knowledge at first, sure, but you can not say you are not a drug user because you are the biggest drug user I have ever known and your friends (as lovely as they may have been) not only used it but grew it.

So I don't know what makes me angrier. The fact that you won't seem to disappear from my life, or the inaccuracies/blatant lies you've put in your profile.

Because, yes, you are "charming" and I know you'll charm your way into someone else's pants/heart, I just wish you were more honest with yourself and your future girlfriend about what you do behind closed doors.

And I wish you'd admit to yourself that you have a problem.

And I hope that this anger and frustration I feel right now will go the bleep away, just like I'd like you to.

9 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

Try and let it go.
Block his profile, then he won't show up in any of your matches and you won't been seen by him.
Problem solved. :)un

Kas said...

yea-- what she said.

AND-- He'll get his... karma's a byotch. Maybe his next match will be with a COP!!!

;-)

Anonymous said...

This is directly related to the previous post. What is the point of completing a profile for a dating site if you’re not sharing accurate information?! I read a statistic that you have to have 16 dates to find a good connection . . . if it’s true, it’s amazing. If the profiles were a little more realistic, I wonder if the number might be more manageable. Meanwhile, we’ve all got a lot of dates to go on!

Anonymous said...

you know how they have a like button on facebook? i'd like to "LIKE" this a hundred times. We may have dated the exact same man or at least they had a lot in common and you just wrote what i've been thinking since we broke up!

Victoria said...

Oooh, I don't know how to block profiles JS, but I'm certainly going to try to learn tonight!

Oh Kas, you made me laugh! I now totally hope he dates a cop ;)

I totally agree anonymous, let's all just be honest and save ourselves time!

Well, if we dated the same guy you have my sympathy Anon ;)

Mrs. Wilson said...

I clicked on the link to that orgasm post - OH MY WORD, I laughed. I'd never read/heard someone talk so openly about orgasms, but wow, you are so bang on. (For some reason that sounds dirty.)

I'm sorry this DD douchebag is causing you grief.

Victoria said...

Glad to give you a giggle Mrs W ;)

Dominic said...

Yeah, that's not something I'd write on a dating profile.

Even though in my case, it would be true. Obviously.

;)

Victoria said...

Heh