Wednesday 28 September 2011

Shrug

Well I haven't heard really from the latest date guy.

I mean, he sent me an email a couple of days after our date, but now I haven't heard from him in a week so, I'm figuring I won't hear from him again.

I guess I'm a little bummed because we got along well and I would have liked to have gone on another date.

I know that more often than not I don't hear back from a guy after a first online date, so I didn't get my hopes too too up, but I did think he'd ask for another date.

And I did think we had enough of a good, fun start to hang out again.

So I'm a little bit bummed, but also, kind of like... "well, this is just how it is online". Jaded... I suppose.

4 comments:

Miz Aventures said...

I'm going through this right now, with a guy I call the "fucktard." Completely immature and childish, I know. But he's a fucktard.

What I hate about internet dating is that there are no clear rules. You can be somewhat anonymous and it can be so easy to just disappear if you don't like the person, or in my case, you get what you want.

Victoria said...

(sorry, I giggled at your nickname for that guy!)

Yeah, the lack of clear rules and sort of anonymity does let some people get away with ... rudeness.

Kate said...

Don't worry - It's just not online dating - I met a guy a few weeks ago in bar - awesome connection, sparks flting everywhere.. Organised to go on a date a week later where I *think* we both had an ok time... 2 weeks later... NOT A WORD FROM HIM!

Just remmeber - HIS LOSS! 'Cause we are totally awesome right?!!

Victoria said...

We are totally awesome, and yes, his loss, but.. still... bummer :(