Tuesday 18 October 2011

Settling

I'm finally feeling settled at Mom and Dad's. Like I'm used to the place and being here and used to the fact that I can't "go home."

I do still miss having extended periods of time to myself but I'm happy to be feeling more normal being here. It was hard there for a while, I'm not someone who enjoys change. At all.

I think being out of my zone adds a layer of anxious to everything. Not quite stress, not quite worry, not quite anxiety, just a layer of .... un-good.

That's not quite making sense... let me try to explain.

I had to have a rental car for a few days last week (someone did a small hit and run on my car probably in a parking lot and I must say I'm super impressed with the job the repair folks did) and it was weird on top of weird to be driving a different car. I don't think I'd have been as bothered by it were I back in my old place. Everything's just a little less ok.

Know what I mean?

So I'm happy to be getting used to being here. And I'm happy to be getting closer (hopefully) to being back home.

Although, I am making sure to enjoy my parents' company, which is very easy to do and as some of you pointed out, I know that one day I will wish with all my heart to be able to spend just one day with them and I'm thankful I get this time to spend with them as an adult. It's kind of a rare treat in a lot of ways.

3 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

You make me smile.

Anonymous said...

You're such a creature of habit... it's kind of cute! :)

Although I think you're due for a road trip somewhere, seeing as
a) your car has such low mileage
b) you could experience things a little out of your comfort zone
c) you would be SO happy to return home !

Victoria said...

Aww, thanks JS ;)

I so am Unknown! And, yes, I probably am due for a road trip!