Thursday 26 January 2012

Maybe

My friend at work (who wants me to meet her husband's co-worker) has asked me if I'm free to come to their place for dinner this weekend.

She figured a dinner party would be too much pressure, but if it was just a family dinner it'd be fine.

I told her that would be great, but of course now I'm trying not to be nervous.

I mean, her husband hasn't asked the guy yet, so maybe he won't be interested, or maybe we just won't have a spark anyway, so there's really no reason to be nervous, but... well, you know me.

I'm nervous about the dinner even *without* there being a guy there to meet. New things and me? = Nervous.

But it's also giving me something to look forward to.

I can psych myself up for it while at the same time telling myself it's not a big deal and still maybe sneak in a reasonable amount of hopeful daydreaming about what-ifs.

So I might be going for dinner at my co-worker's this weekend, but only maybe.

The end.

5 comments:

HayleyGrace said...

I'm excited to see how this goes!!!

Stephanie Hunter said...

I'm still holding on to the "2012 is the Year of Love!" For you and for me!!!

Victoria said...

Yeah, me too Classy :)

I'll go for that Steph! :D

Just Sayin... said...

Stay classy of couse! And if you see no possible romantic connection, network him as a friend, and be honest about it.

Honesty is an amazing quality,(we all know this) and many many male friends have developed as a result. He could be just as nervous as you.

Don't look at it as looking for a instant connection, cos that rarely happens these days.

Simplify it..... Does he have humour? Manners? Could you see yourself being a wingwoman for him?

Enjoy the company and the randomness of it all. And if romance or friend isn't there to be seen, be honest and move on. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Most importantly, don't think "does he like me?", think of what does HE have to bring to the table. Take the power away from them having all the calls.

:) xo

Victoria said...

Thanks JS, I'll write this all on my hand and keep glancing at it through dinner.... wait, that might not be the best idea ;)