Friday 11 May 2012

Not Even An "Uh Huh"

The last few nights, someone in my building has come home (from work?) and been on the phone.

I know they've been on the phone, because their phone is on speaker and continues to be on speaker as they walk from their vehicle, slowly across the parking area and into the building.

I sleep with my windows open (even though last week was SO DAMN COLD for May that I got woken up by the chill and had to find an extra blanket go figure) and am usually up reading, so I can hear this person's phone calls.

And for the last few nights, whoever he's been talking to (a wife/girlfriend/sister/mother?) has been on a not quite angry but definitely annoyed sort of one sided conversation that goes pretty much non stop from the time this guy gets out of his vehicle and gets to the door to inside.

And I don't know if maybe he's said something before he got out of his car, but the whole (minute or so?) time I can hear the conversation? He says nothing. It's just talktalktalktalktalktalktalk from this woman, and nothing from him.

And yes, I'm assuming it's a him from the giant sounding truck noise and from the lack of verbal communication on his end.

I mean, I know when I'm listening to someone talk on and on about something, I still throw in a neutral comment or two so they at least know I'm paying attention.

This guy?

Nothing.

He may slowly be becoming my new hero somehow because the whole one-sidedness of it makes me wonder how long his drive home is and if she just talks non stop the whole way.

3 comments:

Dominic said...

Are you CERTAIN he isn't just using his phone to listen to an audio book? :)

Just a Girl said...

QUALITY people watching (hearing). Diggin' it :)

Victoria said...

Noooooo Dominic, that would ruin all my fun!!!! (plus, it's kind of fast for an audio book) ;)

Totally Candy! :D