Thursday 3 May 2012

Under Pressure*

Like Skin by foundimagination
I'm dealing with some stress right now, unrelated to work or health, but far far more stressful than it should be or maybe could be.

And so that, unfortunately, is making things in general tougher than they would usually be.

Stress and anxiety making me more stressed and anxious and yes, mindfulness and meditation are genuinely what's helping the most. But I'm still grumpy at work and little things are bothering me and they all seem to pile up and while I know logically it's just this one big worry making everything else seem big, it still feels big, regardless of whatever logic puzzle my brain gnaws away at.

Case in point? I was SUPER annoyed this week when I forgot to "post" the broken posts in the morning because I'd remembered to do it last week (post mega stress bomb) but hadn't remembered Mon/Tues/Wed and it seemed curse-worthy.

Which it wasn't.

But, nonetheless, I'm still hoping this post posts on its own, as scheduled, because even taking little worries/thoughts/troubles off my plate helps me feel a bit mellower.

I know, know, know this too shall pass, and I've been through much worse, but this has been one of those weeks where every day I've wondered why it wasn't Friday and every day I've wished I could just stay home and sleep.

I'm not cracking under pressure, I'm just feeling strained at having to carry the added weight of it.

And I'll be happy when it lessens, and at some point, disappears entirely.





*(And now you're going to be singing Queen all day too, aren't you? You're welcome.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the stresses resolve themselves quickly and favourably. It is no fun being stressed.

As soon as I read the title, I started humming Queen and Bowie...I didn't even have to read the footnote. Thanks for that. I owe you one.

- Elliott

Victoria said...

Thanks. But, hey, you don't need to return the "favour" ;)

Jonathan said...

I share some of your frustrations. Yesterday I knew better than to stray outside of immediate events because I was basically on the war-path with anything and everything.

Hope the week ahead gets easier for you :/

Victoria said...

Thanks, you too