Thursday 14 June 2012

Dream On*

I had another "woke myself up to do something" dream last night.

My face was itchy. Specifically, the side of my nose, and I guess it was itchy enough to wake me up, because I came half awake and reached for the tube of special anti-itch cream the doctor had given me and that I keep next to my bed.

And as I lay there, my hand scrabbling around on the bedside table, my eyes still closed, I became more annoyed that I couldn't find it, it should have been right there where my fingers were reaching, how come I couldn't find it, it's always right there.

And that's when I woke up enough to realize that the doctor hadn't actually given me any special anti-itch cream and that the tube I was so sure was there didn't actually exist. Whoops.

So, there you go. My brain's just trying to help me out really. It's a helpful brain. Just... not right.

*And now it will help by making you sing this all day. Toodles!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha... this is funny. i can totally comprehend when a dream can feel so real at times ;P

Victoria said...

:)