Friday 8 June 2012

Let's See. . . What Went Well?

Baby Dogwood by foundimagination
I decided it was time for another "What Went Well?" post so, here's what's gone well over the past couple of days.

- I didn't break down in tears. Yay!

- I had "dessert shooters" at a restaurant. So cute and so yummy!

- I survived the process of going and looking at places, so that was good.

- I ordered some books from Amazon and then realized one of them I had already bought elsewhere and just forgot about but when I went online to return it they said I was such a good customer I could keep it and they'd refund the money anyway! What a nice surprise! (Now I'm going to see if I can donate the extra book to the library.)

- I felt nice and cozy wrapped up in my blanket in the chilly weather.

How about you? What's something that's gone well in the last week or so?

7 comments:

Dominic said...

I have an ebook reader on its way and I'm off work next week :)

Dateafrenchman said...

I went for a facial and massage and slept really well that night. Which I never do! It's amazing how much better I feel after a good night of sleep.

Victoria said...

Well that sounds great Dominic!

Ahhhh perfect Datea :)

Kate said...

The Boy is home in 2 more sleeps after being away for 2 MONTHS!

OMG - I feel like I *just* made it with my sanity in check :-)

Victoria said...

Whew, well done Kate! *high five* :)

Elliott said...

Work's been pretty tough around here for a month or so...like it's time to find a new job tough...not fun. But, things that are good:
- saw the RCMP musical ride in our little Ontario town...a must see, simply awesome!
- my wife's golf game is getting better after a tough slump, so that makes me happy to see her happy
- my oldest is getting great marks in her summer term at university
- my middle one got accepted into her university of choice with a significant scholarship
- our son transferred departments in his part-time job and likes it much better

As good things happen to my family it makes be feel much happier.

Ohhh, and even though the Kings beat out the Canucks, they won the cup, so the local King will bring the cup to our town in the summer...for the second time (he was on the Canes when they won it).

And the weather is supposed to be perfect for the next 7 days.

There's much to be grateful for around, I just need to stop and think about it.

Hope your week is going well.

Victoria said...

Sorry about work Elliott, that's rough, but all your stories about your family made me smile! :)

I think I've seen the RCMP ride, but it would have been a long time ago so maybe I dreamed it? ;)

And yes, I always hate it when the Canucks are out of the playoffs...and the only thing that makes me feel better is if the team that takes them out wins the cup, so.. there you go! And a (kind of) local guy is on the Kings and will bring the cup to the Island so, yeah.... :)

Happy Wednesday!