Monday 25 June 2012

Thank Goodness It Wasn't Today Yesterday

Finally Unnecessary by foundimagination
I had an odd waking up yesterday.

I pretty much always let myself sleep in on weekends, but I still usually set the alarm. It's my attempt to keep my sleep schedule moderately normal, even if, on weekends, I sometimes hit the snooze button for hours on end. (No, really. Hours.)

So yesterday, I woke up thinking how light it was for still being so early. (My alarm's set to go off around 7 on weekends, so I was surprised there was so much light when it was clearly not yet 7.)

I drifted off again and then rolled over and decided to check just what time it was and when I flipped the alarm clock towards me, I was rather shocked to read that it was nearly 10 am.

It took me a minute to make sure it wasn't a week day (should I be at work? am I really late for work? have they fired me already? is today Saturday?) and then I sat up and checked why my alarm hadn't gone off.

Turns out I'd set it for pm instead of am and all I could think about was what would have happened if I'd done that on a working day instead of a weekend. What if it had been *this* morning and I hadn't woken up until 10? Yikes.

Kind of freaked me out and I think I'll be triple-checking my alarm clock settings for the next week or so.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This happened to my oldest daughter a couple of Fridays ago...she started studying Thursday afternoon for a stats mid-term that was on Friday. She went to bed around 2:30am and set her alarm for 6:00. She woke up, wondered why it wasn't dark, looked at her clock to see it was 8:10am. Her alarm was set for 6:00pm. Her mid-term was at 8:30am and the campus is a 25 minute walk. It was pouring rain and windy to boot. She jumped on her bike, made it to campus by 8:25am, wrote her mid-term soaking wet, and pulled off an 80.

My other daughter did it twice in one week a couple of weeks ago, but she's still at home and we wondered why she wasn't at breakfast and woke her up. No big panic for her compared with her sister.

So you're not the only one that has issues with your alarm clock!

- Elliott

michelle said...

LOL - I have done this before on a weekday - at first I leap up and am in the shower before I start to really think, "do I really need to be rushing" - Not sure what you do for work but most days, unless I have a morning meeting, the office actually survives if I am late! It is amazing the pressure we put on ourselves sometimes.

Victoria said...

Oh gosh Elliott! I'm glad that worked out ok for her! Yikes!

That's true Michelle ;)

Unknown said...

ha aha ha

Victoria said...

;)