Tuesday 3 July 2012

Ahhhhhhh

Canada Day! by foundimagination
So, that was, by all accounts (or, ok, maybe just by my account, but that's the one that matters!) a pretty darn perfect weekend.

It's always an extra relief heading into a three day weekend because you know there's that bonus day that just stretches things out.

Saturday, I completely mellowed out on my couch and read and watched episodes of The Dog Whisperer and really did a whole lot of nothing, except for a "better get some fresh air and exercise" walk later in the day.

Sunday, I mellowed out for the morning, did some laundry and chores and then headed downtown with a friend to catch some of the Canada Day celebrations and fun. We found a cool place to sit and had a yummy drink and appy. Then we met up with another friend and sat on the Legislature lawns to listen to some music and people watch. Then I went home and finished my book while listening to the fireworks and happy crowd.

Yesterday, I woke up and, you guessed it! Mellowed out on the couch for a while. Then C-Dawg and I wandered downtown to buy some books (BOOKS, YAY!) and then to our favourite pizza place for our favourite pizza (mmmmmm) and then I headed home to relax and eat leftover pizza.

It was nice having the feeling of not needing to be anywhere, and even the plans I made were kind of made at the last minute so they didn't feel like plans. Sunday was gorgeous and sunny and it was a perfect day to be out and about with the crowds of face painted, red and white wearing, Canadian flag carrying people.

It was also nice to not know, particularly, what day it was or to worry about having to be anywhere or do anything.

So triple yay for long weekends and sunny days and good food, hurray!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds blissful, peaceful ... all good things ... I had the Monday off work over here so drank a bottle of fizz (U.K. speak for champagne) with my solicitor who is also from the Commonwealth (Australia)

We spoke of our wonderful homelands and as always said, 'what are we doing here?'

Canadian Anne in England

Victoria said...

Sounds nice Anne :) I'll hug Canada for you!