Monday 9 July 2012

I Just Had A Thought*

So Canada's phasing out the penny, right?

Well, what am I supposed to do with the pennies I have right now?

Will there come a day when I'm no longer able to take them to the bank and exchange them for... grown up money?

And, what are they going to do with all those pennies?

And is someone collecting them right now? Like, are businesses holding on to them and... giving them to the banks or something?

How does this all work, anyway?






*Ok. Maybe that was more than one thought. I really only had the one to begin with.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I know a lot of charities here are collecting pennies and hosting penny drives to get those pennies you keep in jars at home. It all adds up :)

Bad.Days said...

Ah, the CBC has all the answers (or at least some):

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2012/03/30/f-penny-faq.html

Here in Alberta, Habitat for Humanity and the Humane societies of Calgary and Edmonton have campaigns going for unwanted pennies.

I'm going to miss the pennies :(

Dominic said...

Something happened...

Victoria said...

That's true Laura :)

Yay B.D. I knew the internet would have all the answers! ;) But, yeah, I'll kind of miss using pennies too...

I love it Dominic. It's like my spirit animal! :D