Wednesday 29 August 2012

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

So a couple of weeks? a month? time periods ago, there was a super cute (hot) guy at the gym. Now, there are often cute/hot/good looking guys at the gym, but this guy was a) super cute and b) within my "I'm not wearing my glasses so people too far away are blurry" range of vision.

So super cute. (Like, I can't think of anyone who would find him non cute, but maybe that's just me. Different strokes and all.)

But anyway, the first time I ran into him, we were both using a piece of equipment that has two areas and I had to check with him to see if he needed both sides/areas or just the one. He said no, that was fine and gave me a nice smile. I giggled inside. As we were both working out, someone next to us did something odd. I can't remember what... handstand pushups or loud grunts or maybe a combination of both, and he looked over at me and gave me a shrug, raised eyebrow smile kind of thing and we both laughed. And I fainted inside. Happily.

It was a nice gym moment, anyhow, and I was able to imagine that he was being more than just "gym friendly."

Well, imagine my surprise when the other day, as I was walking through the gym parking lot, I saw him (and was close enough to recognize his cute cute face!) And you guys? He smiled at me. Like, a hey, I recognize you kind of smile. Not a "there's a random person" polite smile.

And we smiled at each other and I kept walking and then I stopped.

"I should tell him his smile just made my day." I thought.

Because his smile had just made my day. Him smiling at me had made my day.

And I stood there, and turned around. And then turned back around and then turned to go back out the door and as I did, he reached his vehicle (because of course it wasn't a car, it was an older, Jeep or SUV kind of cool truck kind of thing of COURSE IT WAS HE'S THAT CUTE!) and he. Took. Off. His. Shirt.

He.

Took.

Off.

His.

Shirt.

And I only saw his back because it was a hot hot day and he was stripping off before getting into his car and no, I didn't go running out after the now half naked hot guy to tell him he'd made my day, but yeah. That double made my day.

I was beaming for the next hour, and grinned for the rest of the evening.

And of course there's the temptation to over-analyze it and start to wonder if he thought I was cute and if he's maybe single but of course he's not, he's too cute for that, etc. etc. But I don't want to do that.

I just want to enjoy what I haven't even been able to properly describe here and the happy it gave me.

Ahhhh cute gym boy. I think I love you.

Thank you.

4 comments:

Dominic said...

Hey! I'm single. Are you implying that means I'm not cute? :P

Matt79 said...

Awesome! I mean, it'd be even more awesome if further awesome things happened, but I think that's a great attitude - to enjoy what happened either way.

Anonymous said...

Next time I'll turn around and smile... :) Okay, bad joke.

-Notducking

Victoria said...

No Dominic, I'm implying it means you don't live in Victoria! (There be not many single guys here)

Totally Matt :)

You should Notducking! Heh ;)