Monday 20 August 2012

Wait A Second...

I kept wondering if this weekend was a holiday weekend that I'd somehow missed out hearing about.

The streets were quiet and my apartment parking lot was empty and it seems like everyone was camping and I just kept wondering... did I... miss this?

But, I guess it's just August and summer and great weather and people are doing what you do in summer... going away. Even if it's just for the weekend.

But still. I kept feeling just a little bit off kilter because things were so quiet. And then I went to get groceries and realized *that* was where everyone was!

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We spent in the truck driving home from DC, which was long (11 hours), but pleasant.

We had a Ribfest in town so we had lunch there and it was very yummy.

And it was our anniversary yesterday, so we BBQ'd and had a couple of drinks.

- Elliott

Victoria said...

That is a long drive, but I'm glad it was smooth/pleasant.

And Happy Anniversary! :D