Wednesday 19 September 2012

But You Just Haven't Heard It From The Horse's Mouth

Is something still a rumour if it's true?

Like, if my friend tells me our other friend is making her famous ice cream cake for a potluck, but I haven't heard it from the first friend, is it a rumour?

And if the friend who told me is just assuming rather than having heard it for sure for sure, how am I supposed to know? And if it is happening, does that still make it a rumour because now I'm all confused.

But I'd like to know.

Because if it turns out there's no ice cream cake I'm going to cry.

Which takes me back to the initial question that was sparked by this whole ice cream cake fiasco.

Is something still a rumour if it's true?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been a long couple of weeks with the budget process and I'm down controllers at two plants, so brain was getting full. Reading this post made it explode...

I'm going with it's not a rumour if it's true, regardless of who you heard it from.

And I'd be disappointed with no ice cream cake too...

- Elliott

Victoria said...

Sorry I exploded your brain Elliott!!!

D'oh! ;)