Thursday 27 September 2012

My Bed

Weary by foundimagination
This is where I want to be right now.

All comfortable and warm and drowsy in my bed.

Not awake and "alert" and interacting with people, places and things, just nice and asleep in my bed.

Resting. 

Know what I mean? 

I so very much just want to be in bed.  Just for a few days.  Is that oh so much to ask?

And then to get up after those few days and feel rested and have perfectly normal sleeps from then on.

Why is it you can nearly fall asleep all day and then get home and turn off the lights for bed and not be able to sleep?  What's the deal with that?

Le sigh.

I'm tired this week.  In case you couldn't tell.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pressures on a spy must be exhausting leading to restless nights while your subconscious struggles with the dailyl battle to overcome evil ...
Do you have a bedtime ritual? I, a Canadian living on the tiny motherland island of England sleep badly (such a noisy island) so I have a bedtime ritual, face cleansing, teeth cleaning, lavender candle burning, hot water bottle tucked in, John Dowland music ... I think it helps ... a bit. If the object of my affection is about the ritual gets abandoned, although he does like John Dowland ... do try something ... fun setting up comforts anyway.

Cdn Anne in England

Victoria said...

Totally exhausting Anne!

I kind of have a bedtime ritual, but nothing quite so relaxing :) I should work on it... but part of what happens sometimes is that I love to read in bed and I think maybe that sometimes doesn't calm me down. D'oh!