Saturday 15 September 2012

Whimper

Long Shadows by foundimagination
It's getting to be Dark O'Clock much earlier than it used to, and I have to say, this is my least favourite thing about this time of year.

I don't know why, but it always seems like the short, dark days last a far longer time than the long, light days, like, I'm sure it's about half a year each in this part of the world, but it seems like more.

And, I realize, as I type this, that I should/could probably look it up and find out my latitide sort of thing and maybe I would discover that in fact it is that way but then again, maybe it's not and hey, I'm a spy, not a light-scientist-knower-person.

But, yeah. I think I'm not looking forward to the coming days of it being dark when I wake up and dark when I get home.

I'm making a pouty face.

And sad puppy dog eyes.

Just in case they work.

2 comments:

Stephanie Hunter said...

I start counting down the days this time of year, until the days start getting longer. December 21st is the shortest day this year. We only have to go 3 months and 2 days! Then the days will start getting longer!

Victoria said...

The countdown begins!!! ;)