Saturday 13 October 2012

I Don't Know What Made Me Think Of This

Softer by foundimagination
Everything is biased.

Or, I suppose, I mean every form of media / conversation / statement / thought / you get what I'm saying, right?

Even the thoughts I have are biased by how I was raised, or by the negative voices that live inside me.

Even things/people/organizations that claim to be bias free are biased.

It's maybe impossible to be otherwise, just possible to be aware and try to... adjust?   I don't know.

I don't even know what made me think of this, maybe it was all the stuff about blasphemy and the upcoming US election or I don't know, an argument I had with someone?  Who knows.

And I don't know if this thought is a frustrated one or just a neutral one or something in between, maybe a sad one?

But yeah.  Everything is biased.

Let's talk about fluffy things.  How's your weekend going?  Can you believe it's already halfway through October?  Crazy!

4 comments:

kandijay said...

Definitely. I have a journalism degree, and as I was in my third year, that was the conclusion I came to. Everything is biased, because we are all human, we all have opinions, and we can't separate ourselves from our own experiences, no matter how hard we try.

Also, as an American, I hate election season. My facebook feed is full of my vocal friends on both sides talking about how stupid the other side is. I pray for November 7 to come quickly.

Victoria said...

Totally, eh?

kandijay said...

So totally.

Victoria said...

:)