Friday 5 October 2012

Sorry Spammers

Brotherly by foundimagination
I've been getting some really nice Spam comments lately.

No, really, they've been very nice.

These people (person?) finds a random post, and makes a comment that's very positive about how wonderful the post is and how informative the blog is and how they can't wait to read more and here's their blog and .... it's advertising.

But I feel guilty every time I delete the comment!  They're so nice!  And positive!  Even though it appears that English is not their first language, they're trying, and well, I just don't like the idea of someone commenting just to advertise something.  But still.

So I'm sorry to the people who keep spamming me with these nice, friendly, supportive, positive comments, but I just can't keep your comment here.

But good luck with what I'm assuming is your job!


Updated to add:

Oh the irony....

"Howdy, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just
wondering if you get a lot of spam responses?
If so how do you reduce it, any plugin or anything
you can suggest? I get so much lately it's driving me mad so any help is very much appreciated.
Also see my web page >     "


Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you are so kind! Over here in England I meet people who have been to Canada & they all say how kind we Canadians are. Ah well, I say, looking modest on behalf of my nation, then smile & drift away. Before hanging up on cold callers I say 'I do not know you, have no interest in speaking with you so am now going to end this conversation.' ... still, better than being a nasty, impolite brute.
Cdn Anne in England

Victoria said...

See, I usually just say "Please remove me from your contact list, goodbye." And hang up ;)

I would much rather be at least a little nice.