Thursday 29 November 2012

Writing Prompt: If Tattoos Only Lasted For One Year, Would You Want One?

Street by foundimagination
Oh heck yes!

But maybe not for the reasons you'd expect.

See, I have occasionally considered getting a tattoo on the inside of my wrist, because I like seeing them there on people.

But I'm not honestly sure I want a tattoo that I can see constantly, and, I suppose, that everyone else can see constantly.

So I'd like to try it out!

One day a while ago, I actually doodled on my wrist to see how it looked and it really annoyed me, but maybe if I had it for a while I'd get used to it.  But just in case I didn't like it, I would be relieved to know it was only going to last a year.

Except then if I really liked it, would that mean I'd have to get it re-done every year or are there like two tattoo choices in this magical example?

What about you?  Do you want a year-long tattoo?  And what would it be?

(Mine would be words, I think, or a word.  Even though I know everyone would probably end up asking what it meant, etc.)

4 comments:

Dominic said...

What about the ones that only show up under UV? Wouldn't be visible most of the time so it wouldn't bother you..

AprilPhire04 said...

HP Makes great temporary tattoo paper which you can use with an inkjet printer. Just print of multiple copies of the design you want, and apply where you'd like. It'll stay on for a few days so you can see if you can get used to it. If not, just move it elsewhere or try a different design!

Yamuna said...

I just got a tattoo on the inside of my wrist :D

I love it.

Victoria said...

I've seen them Dominic, but I'm never under UV so I'd never see it! But, yeah, that's an option.

Amy, you've just made my day! Awesome!!!! :D

Good for you Yamuna! It must be so pretty :)