Saturday 29 December 2012

A Rambling

Between by foundimagination
Mandarin oranges are one of my favourite things about this time of year.  They have just the right combination of flavour, kick, and sweetness to make my mouth happy.

But when they have a seed in them, or when they're over ripe and gushy, then they're shudder-worthy, and so I try hard to not pick any that aren't firm, and to check them out for seeds pre-bite.

I also like pomegranites, although I haven't bought a whole one this year.  I did buy the pre-shelled seeds, which I thought was a ridiculous extravagance, but still, they're good.

I suppose they're rather the same taste, or similar anyway, and maybe I like them because they cut through a lot of the sugar that's typical of this time of year.  Or maybe I'd like them anyway.

Which reminds me, I need to go get more of my Mom's treats from their freezer before they get devoured.

Unless I'm already too late?

December, my flavour friend.

Wow.  That sounded weird.


No comments: