Saturday 1 December 2012

December

A Month Away by foundimagination
There are a number of things that I am not looking forward to this month, and I'm going to try to not spend the entire month not looking forward to them.

If that makes sense.

What I mean is, if there are four or five days this month that I'm worried about or am anticipating not being enjoyable, I don't want to spend the other twenty six days stewing about them.

So I'm going to try to really focus on other things.  To distract myself if necessary.  To be present when I can.

To just get through one day at a time and deal with the not so great days when they get here, rather than dealing with them for weeks before hand.

Easier said than done, perhaps, but a good exercise and a good intention to set for the month.

Right?

Right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those four or five days ... if they are days when you feel you need to be somewhere with others do realise that you do not. We can all spend holidays exactly as we wish. You can cosy up in your apartment & pretend you are elsewhere ... turn the heat UP, watch films with beach scenes, play summer music (Beach Boys!)prance around in shorts & bare feet, get a plastic wading pool for your bare feet.

Cdn Anne in England (who hopes you are going to see your father over the hols as it sounds as if you quite like him)

Victoria said...

Oh Anne, you're so lovely :)
And, you're right, and I have to remember that, I don't *need* to be anywhere just because I feel like I should.
I have a few days where I'm required to be somewhere I don't want to be, but other than that, I'm choosing to spend the other days with my Mum and Dad, because, yes, I do quite like them. A lot. :)

Thanks for the reminder.