Tuesday 18 December 2012

Just For Fun

These Days by foundimagination
Yeah,  so I messaged a couple of guys on line and started talking to them. 

They both seemed nice, and funny, and we seemed to get along (as much as you can seem to get along via a message or two here or there) and both of them asked if I'd be interested in meeting.

I was a bit more interested in meeting one than the other, but we weren't able to make it work and then he had to go away for work.

The other guy also had to go away for work and suggested we meet when he got back.

The first fellow actually sent me a hello message from his trip away, which really made me smile (aww, he's thinking of me, neat) and then when he returned we sort of talked about meeting up again but he got a bug from the plane and was sick that weekend.

I spent that next week psyching myself up for meeting him though.  Talked with C-Dawg about how I'm so not good at selling myself and so needed her help practicing the types of small talk questions you have on these meetings.  Because, really, I don't think "not much" is a good answer to "so, what do you do for fun?"  But that's the first answer that comes to mind.

So for a couple of weeks I'd exchange a message or two with these two guys, and thought I'd just see what happened.  It had never really been my style to talk to more than one person at a time, but this was the New Me, right?  And, besides, there was nothing to lose, it was all just in fun.

5 comments:

michelle said...

I have been in the pattern of meeting guys on a dating site, but it never seems these days to go past that, everyone seems "busy" or some reasonable sounding excuse. But I often wonder, "um OK what am I saying wrong". I ebb and flow with my interest in this online dating world, but then I wonder what are my other options? So I keep at it. Who knew it would be so much effort right? Hang in there!

Tom said...

According to The Internet, people are courting in book shops - particularly a store in Brooklyn. I guess if you're standing somewhere with a book there is a built-in conversation topic.

Victoria said...

I ebb and flow with my interest too Michelle, it's a strange creature, this online dating thing ;)

Total built in conversation. Except, I don't often just randomly walk around a bookstore holding a book out. Guess I should start?

Tom said...

Maybe treat it like a traffic light party? Green books for "interested", red for "stay away".

Or just carry a copy of "How to meet people in book shops" around?

Victoria said...

Hmmm... we should write that book, make a million!