Thursday 31 January 2013

Better

Grass by foundimagination
I had lunch this weekend with a friend of mine who is one year past the day when his wife walked out on him.

And he'll tell you that the last year was the hardest year of his life, and I saw it on him.

Seeing him this weekend was great, we caught up more than just on the phone, and he looks great.

He looks happier, of course, than he's been over the last year, but I think he looks happier than when we first met too.

He's found a new love, and I think that's a big part of it, but he looks handsomer and much more relaxed.

Calmer.  Happier.  Better.

That's two friends of mine I've watched and tried to support through a divorce, and both of them are happy and well now, and in love with the person they will most likely spend the rest of their lives with.

It's good to see friends looking well.

I'm happy my friend is so happy.


No comments: