Saturday 2 February 2013

The Second Season I Am To Know

Early Evening by foundimagination
What a weirdly mild, mellow Winter we've had so far.  And here we are already February.

I know, often, February is when we get our cold snap, and maybe a dump of snow, but still, we usually have some hints of it through December, or certainly January.

Our trees are already starting to show blossoms and I bet soon enough I'll see a bulb peeking through the soil somewhere or other.

The days are getting longer, and I am so thankful for that, if nothing else.

Not to say the days haven't been dreary or rainy, but there have also been some mild, warm ones, and some gloriously sunny ones too.

I've had a few nights of needing extra blankets at night, and having to close a window or two, but in general, we're still waiting for whatever capital C Cold might be coming our way.

It's almost as if this season is just slipping by, and Spring's going to roll on through with hardly a blink from any of us.

4 comments:

Jonathan said...

I have felt exactly the same way recently. I can't believe January is already over.

Victoria said...

Weird, eh?

Anonymous said...

It is hard to believe. We've had a bit of cold snap where the temps dropped to about -25C at night and then went up to about -15C during the day, but the wind made it feel more like -30C...but it was only a week.

I'm looking out my office window at grass...it's really weird. We've only had a couple of snow storms this year...unfortunately one caused a 70 car pile up just west of here. Other than that it's been a non-exist winter.

- Elliott

Victoria said...

So crazy Elliott :/