Friday 9 August 2013

All Done

Orb It by foundimagination
Y'all, I think I'm really done drinking.

I've mentioned it here before, but over the last year or two, when I have a drink, I end up run down and sick the next day.  Not to mention blue.

And this week was no different.  I had a drink when I was out on the date and, as we all know, I was pretty weepy when I got home.

Was weepy the next day too, which is unusual.  (I'll often sleep off a weepy night.)  And by the next morning, when I woke up, I could barely swallow.

I haven't been around anyone with a cold or anything, but even if I had, I think alcohol just runs down my immune system and then stress or whatever just kicks me over into sick.

So combining the getting sick with the feeling blue, I really don't think an hour's worth of relaxation is worth it.

Not that I need a drink to have fun or anything, when I'm with my friends I'm silly enough just myself, but I just can't handle feeling like this for the next week.  So not worth it.

Oh well.

2 comments:

Matt79 said...

I pretty much quit drinking 15 years ago (it seemed to send me to sleep) - I quickly didn't miss it, and it's great never having a hangover, plus I must have saved an enormous amount of money by now! So quitting gets a thumbs-up from me!

Victoria said...

Yeah, I don't think I'll miss it all that much either. And you and I can go out for a non-drink! :)