Tuesday 20 August 2013

I Know Better

I know I can't nap.

Well, I mean I *can* nap, and very well too.  But it messes up my real sleeps, so napping is not a great plan.

Except when I was run down at the start of the summer, before I got the stomach bug, I could nap and then still sleep that night so I was like, oh, I must be run down.

Or something.

This weekend, I had a most delicious nap.  It was heavenly.

And then I couldn't fall asleep that night.

It was un-heavenly.

So I got myself up at the regular time and then thought, well, gee, it's another weekend day, I should just close my eyes here for a minute, no?

NO!

But I did.  And sure enough, was up until 2 or 3 that night.

Sigh.

It's this whole "I know better, but in the moment don't care" thing.  Like, I know I will lie in bed that night frustrated and trying but unable to sleep and yet when I'm there on my couch, comfy and drowsy, it's like "oh well, I'll deal with that if it happens, when it happens."

And then I'm cursing myself at one something in the morning.

Oh napping.  Why are you such a deliciously evil thing?

2 comments:

kandijay said...

*Sigh* I know what you mean. As I once heard a comedian say, I love sleep so much, I dream about taking naps.

But the older I get, the more I have to "keep a sleep schedule." Buzzkill, man.

Victoria said...

Such a buzzkill! BOOOOOO! (But yeah, me too) ;)