Saturday 10 August 2013

Mainly My Throat and Now Chest

I turned down a date with the new guy yesterday, but not for any other reason than I just didn't have the energy for it.  I'm still dealing with this cold I got from the second date drink I had with him.

No one here seems to believe my "I drink and then I get a cold" theory, but it just keeps happening.  And now I'm all ick.

C-Dawg was trying to encourage me to go out with him but I explained that if it had been anyone else, I still might not have gone, but with him everything's just too much effort right now.

And I guess it's good I didn't go because I woke up feeling even worse this morning.  Which, I somehow hope means the cold is working its way out of here.  Me.  Whatever.

In other news, I ordered an accupressure mat.  Seems like the most ridiculous of things.  Imagine a bed of nails.  Now just make the nails plastic instead of metal and you've got it.

I would never have gone with such a thing but a lady at work SWEARS by hers for sleep and I was in a "shopping will fix everything" mood and, well, the amazon delivery arrived this week.  So far?  I like it.  Even if it's just placebo, I don't care.  No, it's not terribly comfy, but I'm going to stick with the idea that it's good for me and my body likes it.

I'm also currently still pushing myself through The Eye of The World, which came so highly recommended and has been a painfully slow (and not particularly enjoyable) read for me.  Bummer.

Man!  I'm super whiny, eh?  Let's mix that up...

I've been doing a lot of knitting while watching some of the tv shows people have recommended to me.  And I like the scarves I've made.

I also did some sewing, and even though I'm not neat and tidy or anything, it's still really cool to go hey, see that velcro there?  I put that on!

What else.... um... my hair's getting longer?  (I'm growing it.)  The weather's still being gorgeous and lovely.  I still think purple is a great colour.  My teddy bear is still very cuddly.  Oh, and I got an instant camera to take with me to Burning Man.  Thought it might be nice to give people pictures of themselves.  Or something like that.

What's awesome for you of late?

6 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

Invite him over to keep you company. Just make it clear you're not sociable though... lol

Victoria said...

I can just see it. Hey, want to come over and not talk to me or interact with me at all while I nap? ;)

Matt79 said...

I believe your drink theory. (I get colds after significant smoke exposure.) And I had a similar issue when I quit drinking: people didn't believe my experience of alcohol, and instead kept telling me how they experience alcohol, and to just enjoy it. It affects everyone differently, people! Eventually people got used to me doing my own thing, but it took a while.

Victoria said...

Yeah...

Dominic said...

The Wheel of Time books are pretty good, but do drag in places. Try not to give up!

I stopped reading quite a few years ago when I formed the opinion that the rate he was going, he'd die before he finished writing. I was a little perturbed when he actually did so. But I do plan on going back and reading the whole lot from the start once I can get the complete set..

Victoria said...

Oh no! That would totally be perturbing! (Is that a word?)

;)