Friday 18 October 2013

Hard Worker

Last month, or maybe a little more than that, I'm not sure, so let's just say "in early September" shall we?

In early September, I got into my car after work one day and noticed that, somehow, a spider had gotten inside my car.

I noticed this because the poor fellow had made spider webs everywhere.  Like, everywhere. 

And not just webs, but he'd strung spider... strings everywhere in his attempt to navigate the car's interior.

There were spider strings and webs everywhere.  I felt kind of bad knocking them down, because he must have worked on them all day.  The inside of my car was covered in webs and strings and spider attempts to catch food.  And since there was no sign of anything having been caught in these webs, this little spider guy must have been starving!

I found him (or her, I don't know, I didn't stop to ask) before I drove off and let him out into the world, but I keep finding spots that have spider strings that I missed.  The far corner of the back window.  Under my door handle.  And yesterday, across the skylight (moon roof?)

This was one industrious spider you guys, I just hope he's doing will out in the world of actual food catching-ness.

May we all be that ambitious!

No comments: