Wednesday 2 October 2013

Pavlovian

Happy Chinese New Year! by foundimagination
The girl (I'm assuming, for no particular reason) above me has an iPhone.

I know she has an iPhone because her text tones are the exact same as mine. 

My phone is always on silent (almost always, to be accurate but still) and when people text it goes "buzz, buzz."

And when someone texts the girl upstairs, her phone also goes "buzz, buzz."

Which means sometimes I'll hear her phone alert and I'll check mine for texts.  I don't know if she has hers on a table or on the floor or something else that vibrations travel through but her texts sound just like mine when I have my phone on the couch beside me:  slightly muffled.

I've even been using my phone, on a game or something, clearly seeing that no text has come through but hearing the "buzz, buzz" will make me check.

Like, hello Pavlov, may I have my dinner now? 

Slobber.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

That happens to me at work all the time. The guy sitting behind me has a Samsung Galaxy, and has set his notification tone to the same as mine.

Even though mine is invariably on silent, I glance at it when his chimes...

Victoria said...

Silly brains!