Tuesday 12 November 2013

Protagonist

It's funny, I came across this... statement randomly somewhere this summer and it got stuck in my head.

Everyone is the protagonist of their own story.

Liv even said something similar in a comment last month...  We're all the center of our own lives.

We are the heroes of our life's story.

And that somehow makes it easier to not care about imagined slights against you.

Like when we say it's not you it's me.  It kind of really is.

When you think about the times you've felt ignored or left out of something, it's probably because they're running their story, not yours.

Maybe that's what I always hope for in a long-term relationship.  That someone will come along and want me to be the co-hero in their story.  That our story lines will combine and we'll be co-protagonists.

But... maybe I should just see what it's like if *I* start to treat myself as the main character in my life. 

I wonder what that would feel like?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We teach ppl how to treat us & make us a priority.. by first treating ourselves well & with respect. Always making ourselves a priority. If we can't.. how do we expect others to? I have lived this first hand.. and finally have the fruit of it in satisfying healthy friendships & in a partner.

Victoria said...

So true. And good on you! :)